[imp] Installing w/o root access

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 19:44:35 -0400

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 04:37:14PM -0500, Matt Janssen (blackwidow@writeme.com) wrote:
> The problem is that Horde is not installed on this system.  I can not change
> the php.ini or any of the configuration files for that matter, so it can't
> find the needed PHPlib files.

Oh, I see. I didn't realize that "without root access" was also
"without root's cooperation, on root's webserver". :-)

As far as I know, you'll have to either get root to cooperate, or run
your own webserver on a port other than 80. (Or, if you're running
PHP4, you could try 2.3.x, which doesn't rely on PHPlib. I don't
*think* there are any other bits that will get in the way with 2.3,
but someone who uses it regularly might jump in here and correct me.)

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services