[imp] cyrus + pam_mysql + imp = folder creation problem

Manuel Aristaran manuel@ingeniodigital.net
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 11:00:51 -0300

On Sun, 08 Apr 2001 22:54:44 Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> What kind of errors do you get? What are your config settings? What do
> the
> Cyrus logs say?
>
> -chuck

The error that IMP shows is: "an error ocurred: folder not created" (this
is my translation to the error that shows up in spanish).

this is what i get in the protocol telemery logs for a given user:

00000001 OK User logged in
00000002 CAPABILITY
c* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ NAMESPACE UIDPLUS
X-NON-HIERARCHICAL-RENAME NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT ID
00000002 OK Completed
00000003 Create d					\
^M00000003 NO Permission denied		/  HERE IT IS :)
00000004 LIST "" *

* LIST () "." "INBOX"
* LIST () "." "INBOX.pete"
00000004 OK Completed
00000005 LOGOUT
** BYE LOGOUT received
00000005 OK Completed

it seems that this is a cyrus specific problem, so asking how to solve it
is off-topic. anyway, i'm far for being an imap guru (in fact, i had to
learn what imap really is for installing IMP).

These are what i consider the relevant parts of my config/defaults.php3:

/* Default IMAP Folder Configuration */
$default->folders                        = '';
$default->use_imap_subscribe             = false;
$default->show_dotfiles                  = false;
$default->save_sent_mail                 = true;
$default->sent_mail                      = 'sent-mail';
$default->postponed                      = 'drafts';

/* Cyrus Configuration */
$default->personal_folders               = 'INBOX.';    /* i.e. INBOX. */
<<-- i don't understand this: doesn't cyrus stores user mail in the 'user.'
hierarchy?

i hope someone can give me a pointer on how to solve this.