[imp] Language packs

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 00:15:36 -0400

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 04:50:30PM -0700, Rick Stevens wrote:

> Ok, we're getting "closer and closer" to rolling out my heavily
> tweaked IMP for 1.6M users and 10,000 domains (more users and domains
> coming, too!  YIKES!)

Good luck!

> One question:  Where are all the langauge packages?  The CVS seems
> to retrieve just English and German (Deutsch)--the other directories
> are empty.  Are the other languages not being maintained or just
> hidden somewhere in the FTP archives?

We switched to the GNU Gettext system for the 2.3+ code.  Because so
much of the system has changed, it's not really feasible to migrate
the existing translations to the new code, so the translation work
needs to be done from scratch.  At the moment, only a full German
translation has been contributed.  Hopefully, others will follow soon.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology