[imp] Language packs

Rick Stevens rstevens@vitalstream.com
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 13:52:06 -0700

Jon Parise wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 04:50:30PM -0700, Rick Stevens wrote:
>

>> Ok, we're getting "closer and closer" to rolling out my heavily
>> tweaked IMP for 1.6M users and 10,000 domains (more users and domains
>> coming, too!  YIKES!)
>

> Good luck!

Uh, the 2.2.x version is up and running now and has been for
over a year.  Same number of domains and users.  Load balancers,
bodgered IMAP and POP servers, and modified Horde/IMP work pretty
well!

>> One question:  Where are all the langauge packages?  The CVS seems
>> to retrieve just English and German (Deutsch)--the other directories
>> are empty.  Are the other languages not being maintained or just
>> hidden somewhere in the FTP archives?
>

> We switched to the GNU Gettext system for the 2.3+ code.  Because so
> much of the system has changed, it's not really feasible to migrate
> the existing translations to the new code, so the translation work
> needs to be done from scratch.  At the moment, only a full German
> translation has been contributed.  Hopefully, others will follow soon.

Ah, HAH!  That explains it.  Unfortunately, a number of our clients
use the French, Italian, Spanish and German translations.  So I guess
I may have to delay the rollout.  Grrrr!

- Rick Stevens, SSE, VitalStream, Inc.      rstevens@vitalstream.com -
- 949-743-2010 (Voice)                    http://www.vitalstream.com -
-  BASIC is the Computer Science version of `Scientific Creationism' -