[imp] How to add enviromental variable when sending from IMP

John McCoy, Jr. jmccoy@mills.edu
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 07:28:21 -0700

Confusion is always possible on my end!
Qmail-smtpd sets QMAILQUEUE when it processes incoming email, then sends
that email to qmail-queue (is my understanding)
IMP calls qmail-inject (often a link from /usr/sbin/sendmail) which then
passes the email to qmail-queue, where the virus scan should take place.

I'm not so much trying to scan outgoing mail as I am trying to scan local
mail from students and their unprotected computers, so they don't infect
other students and faculty. Students are the primary users of IMP here.

I'll ask over on the qmail list see if they can come up with an answer, I'll
post it back here as I've seen this request but no solution on this list a
few times.

Thanks all.

John McCoy, Jr
Central Systems Administrator