[imp] Turba tie-in with IMP

Rick Stevens rstevens@vitalstream.com
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 15:41:51 -0700

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Rick Stevens <rstevens@vitalstream.com>:
>

>> Any ideas would be welcome.  When I get this last bit sorted out,
>> I'll post how the thing works.  You can then either merge it into
>> the source tree or toss it on the floor.  Your choice.
>

> I think I'd have to see code to help you out...

It's fairly simple.  I've added a function in the Horde class called,
strangely enough, "Horde::chktimeout()".  If you call it and it
returns, you can safely continue doing what you were doing because
there was no timeout.

When a timeout occurs, the function DOES NOT return.  Instead, it
spits out:

header("location: <url-you-told-it-to-use-for-timeout-logouts>");

and exits PHP.  The URL used above is set up in imp/config/conf.php,
as is the timeout period (default of 5 minutes).

So, when calling Turba or Compose from IMP, I want to wedge in a
call to this function BEFORE THE NEW WINDOW POPS UP.  If the function
returns, go ahead and pop open the window.  Otherwise, I want the
window that contained the links to Turba and Compose to change to the
logout URL.  As I said, it works fine for everything EXCEPT the
javascript-related stuff.

BTW, the Outlook address book upload stuff is coming along.  I'm
aiming it storing the data in PostgreSQL right now, but I'll see what
I can conjure up as far as LDAP is concerned.

- Rick Stevens, SSE, VitalStream, Inc.      rstevens@vitalstream.com -
- 949-743-2010 (Voice)                    http://www.vitalstream.com -
-            Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers            -