[imp] select.php3, long mailbox names, and $abbrev in mailbox_list

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:21:57 -0400

Quoting Rich Lafferty <rich@horde.org>:

> In particular, while IMP happily deals with a folder named
> "This is a long folder name designed to trigger the name abbreviation",
> it *didn't* deal with "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm", because the trigger
> length is 26 characters. Unfortunately, I can get it to appear too
> large at 20 characters, and the users in question got it to happen at
> 15 and 18 (x2) respectively.
>
> While the easy fix for this is to reduce that 26, I'm assuming it
> wasn't chosen arbitrarily. Should this become configurable? Or does
> the choice of trigger length just need to be re-evaluated?

Actually, I think it _was_ fairly arbitrary (Jon?). I don't see a real need to
put a huge amount of work into this; the problem goes away in 2.3. If you think
we should just shorten it for any future 2.2 releases, go for it.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>

Taurus:
You will receive an urgent transmission from the Martian government informing
you that Mars does not, in fact, need women, so please stop sending them.