Dynamic Compose Window Resizing (2.2.4)

Claus cniesen@gmx.net
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 12:17:19 -0500

I don't think anybody posted this solution so here it goes.

Applies to IMP version 2.2.4

Problem:
One can adjust the size of the compose window to a fixed size but often
different computer systems have different screen resolutions. Each of the
different screen resolution should have a different compose window size to
be optimal.

Solution:
Change the following lines in imp/locale/<your language>/openwin.lang to:

  $lang->compose_height = '"+(screen.height * .85)+"';
  $lang->compose_width = '"+(screen.width * .72)+"';

This will resize the compose window to a fraction of the users window. I
haven't tried out all screen resolutions yet so you might be able to find a
better multiplier that the ones that I supplied.

BTW: IMP rocks! I'm still quite new to it and I found that IMP is quite
simple to install and very powerful. Thanks for the great work guys.

  Claus