[imp] Blocking addresses

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 13:26:05 -0400

Quoting "Ashley M. Kirchner" <ashley@pcraft.com>:

>     Ya, I can do it outside of IMP, through my MTA, however with several
> dozen users, across several domains, I can't imagine having to do that for
> each and every person wanting to block someone, and they certainly can't
> expect tech support to be blocking emails for them.  I can't recommend using
> procmail for this because they don't have shell access to the server either,
> only IMP through the web.
>
>     Does anyone have any suggestions?

Well, if you were using or willing to use IMP 2.3, it'd be pretty easy to add
a "block this person" link that'd set up a filter to delete messages from that
address. It might even be worth mainlining.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>

Taurus:
You will receive an urgent transmission from the Martian government informing
you that Mars does not, in fact, need women, so please stop sending them.