[imp] sendmail no, smtp yes

Martín Marqués martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar
Fri, 4 May 2001 08:18:11 +0300

On Vie 04 May 2001 11:55, you wrote:
> > Which are the main differences between using smtp or directly the
> > sendmail?
>
>  To use smtp, you have to have an smtp service/daemon running, ie. the
> machine has to be able to accept mail.
>
>  Smtp is probably faster than sendmail.

Thats an interesting thing. I thought it was on the contrary, sendmail was
faster, just because you conect to the smtp port and then sendmail starts the
mail sending (always talking about sendmail, IMP and SMTP on the same server).

Saludos... :-)

--
El mejor sistema operativo es aquel que te da de comer.
Cuida tu dieta.