Help with APC

bmurphy@salemstate.edu bmurphy@salemstate.edu
Mon, 07 May 2001 10:23:03 -0400 (EDT)

I am currently running IMP 2.2.4 and have just started to "advertise"
it to my users.  While I am not yet experiencing any performance issues,
I would like to make any recommended changes before people start getting
dependant on the product.  I am running on RH7 - PII (300) w/128 MB RAM.

In reading the posts to this group, I took a look at APC.  However, I am
unclear on how this gets implemented.  I am running php-pgsql-4.0.3pl1-1.
Can I install APC for SHM?  I don't have php-shm loaded.  Can php-shm be
loaded when a DB is also loaded?  Then, of course, this begs the question -
which will take priority, shm or pgsql?  I wouldn't want to lose my
Preferences.