[imp] Fix for @UNKNOWN appearing after saving draft with local addresses (Was some newbie questions)

Mathieu Legare Mathieu_Legare@UQTR.UQuebec.CA
Tue, 08 May 2001 07:46:39 -0400 (EDT)

En réponse à Duncan Brannen <dbb@st-andrews.ac.uk>:
Hi,

> 	First thanks to Mathieu Legare for giving me the first fix below,
> but I found this still left the @UNKNOWN in other places, so knowing
> what I
> was now looking for I tried to 'fix' the other scripts.  I'm not sure
> why
> UNKNOWN$ works in
> message.php3 but I have to use @UNKNOWN in the other scripts?

As i told you, this 'fix' is only an 'ugly fix' :) I think the
'@UNKNOWN' suffix is added by UW-IMAP (correct me if I am wrong)
so it would be better to fix it there. But looking at the code of
 UW-IMAP discouraged me to do so and decided to do a quick fix in IMP.
Also, It won't work unless you are using only one domain name (I could
lookup in the smtp emails directory to find the right address, but didn't
take the time to do so).  But I admit that the '@UNKNOWN' suffix something
that I wanted my users to see because many of them have the habit to use
only the login name to mail within our domain.

And thanks for pointing the changes in mailboxes.php3 and compose.php3.

BTW, that fix was for IMP 2.2.4

have a nice day,
--
Mathieu Legare            - Analyste en informatique (systeme/webmestre)
Service de l'informatique - Universite du Quebec a Trois-Rivieres