[imp] Problem logging in with IMAP

Rodrigo Borges Pereira rbp@netcanvas.com
Wed, 9 May 2001 20:31:29 +0100

> Quoting Rodrigo Borges Pereira <rbp@netcanvas.com>:
>
> > I installed today horde & imp from cvs (PEAR too). My mail
> system uses Qmail
> > + vmailmgr + Courier-imap. OS is RH 7.1, updated from 7.0. When
> i try to
> > login to imp using imap, it just goes for POP3 by itself, soi
> > don't have folders enabled.
>
> IMP only uses pop3 if you tell it to - are you sure things are configured
> correctly?
>
> -chuck
>
> --

yes i really think they are. This isn't my first time. However.. i have some
new information that makes me think this is more an imap problem than an IMP
problem. I found that i can login fine to courier-imap if i use virtual
domains, in which case i login as someone@vdomain.com. If i try to login
normally like a shell account user, it fails. So.. guess it ain't imp's
fault. I already requested help on vmailmgr's list, but if anyone here had
this kind of trouble and worked it out, please, let me know asap. Thanks.