TXT/RTF Attachment

Marco Antonio Vieira Assad marcova@mg.trt.gov.br
Mon, 14 May 2001 16:49:38 -0300 (BRT)

Hi all,

We are using IMP in production here for a long time,
and it works great. But now I think I have found a bug,
not sure if from imp, php or whatever.

Well, we use the option 'text_parts_inline = false'.
When someone is composing a message and attachs a text
file (or an rtf file with a .doc extension, which is
our real problem), a newline is inserted in the
beginning of the file. Of course, the result is that
the file that is extracted is not exactly the same that
the one that is attached. And it's very undesireable to
tell all our users to remove the newline usind notepad
before opening a doc (in fact, an rtf) file in MS Word.

Here we are using Redhat 6.2, kernel 2.2.14, imp 2.2.3,
apache 1.3.12, php 4.0.2, postgres 6.5.3.

I could find also a minor bug too: When a message has
no body and a text file attached, the
option 'text_parts_inline=false' doesn't work, so the
contents of the file appear in the body of the message,
with no option to download.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.