[imp] TXT/RTF Attachment

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 15 May 2001 13:13:00 +0000

Quoting Marco Antonio Vieira Assad <marcova@mg.trt.gov.br>:

> Well, we use the option 'text_parts_inline = false'.
> When someone is composing a message and attachs a text
> file (or an rtf file with a .doc extension, which is
> our real problem), a newline is inserted in the
> beginning of the file. Of course, the result is that
> the file that is extracted is not exactly the same that
> the one that is attached. And it's very undesireable to
> tell all our users to remove the newline usind notepad
> before opening a doc (in fact, an rtf) file in MS Word.
>
> Here we are using Redhat 6.2, kernel 2.2.14, imp 2.2.3,
> apache 1.3.12, php 4.0.2, postgres 6.5.3.

Can you check this behavior against the demo sites for both 2.2 and 2.3? I'm
pretty sure that this has been fixed in 2.3, and it may have gotten fixed after
2.2.3 also.

> I could find also a minor bug too: When a message has
> no body and a text file attached, the
> option 'text_parts_inline=false' doesn't work, so the
> contents of the file appear in the body of the message,
> with no option to download.

That's because IMP thinks that the text part is the body. 2.3 should handle
this better, since it respects the content-disposition of attachments.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Black and white and grey, all the shades of truth.