Problems logging into IMP 2.3.7-cvs

John Castillo john.castillo@amplified.com
Thu, 17 May 2001 16:46:16 -0700

I'm quickly running out of ideas.  I am getting continued:

"Login failed for some reason. Most likely your username or password was =
entered incorrectly."

messages from IMP when i try and login to an external IMAP server.  i =
have specified the location of the IMAP server in servers.php but i see =
NO failed logon attempts on my imap server. =20

1 - are there any LOG files that IMP generates that might describe what =
my problem is?
2 - is there an updated INSTALL document for IMP?
3 - do i HAVE to use hordemgr as my database user or can i just use =
root? =20

i have followed the document in horde-1.3.3/docs/INSTALL as close as =
possible.  part of my problem could be the the setup of the database in =
MySql OR just manually editing the php files in horde/config and =
horde/imp/config.  the php files have comments so i think i did it right =
but i'm not sure.

the version of php4 i have IS patched.  i confirmed that by going over =
the patch file manually.  PLEASE HELP.  i'm really at a loss with a LOG =
FILE to look at. =20

john castillo

my current setup is:
Solaris 2.8 (intel)
Horde Versions
  a.. Horde: 1.3.4-cvs=20
  b.. IMP: 2.3.7-cvs=20
  c.. Turba: 0.0.2-cvs=20
PHP Version
  a.. View phpinfo() screen=20
  b.. PHP Version: 4.0.4pl1=20
  c.. PHP Major Version: 4.0=20
  d.. PHP Minor Version: 4=20
  e.. PHP Subminor Version: pl1=20
  f.. PHP Version Classification: release=20
  g.. Note that PHP 4.0.4pl1 needs to be compiled with this patch for =
IMAP to work properly.
PHP Module Capabilities
  a.. FTP Support: Yes=20
  b.. Gettext Support: Yes=20
  c.. IMAP Support: Yes=20
  d.. LDAP Support: No=20
  e.. MCAL Support: No=20
  f.. Mcrypt Support: Yes=20
  g.. MySQL Support: Yes=20
  h.. PostgreSQL Support: No=20
  i.. XML Support: Yes=20
Miscellaneous PHP Settings
  a.. magic_quotes_gpc set to Off: Yes=20
  b.. magic_quotes_runtime set to Off: Yes=20
PHP Sessions
  a.. Session counter: 7=20
  b.. To unregister the session: click here=20
PEAR
  a.. PEAR - Yes=20
  b.. Mail::RFC822 - Yes=20
  c.. Log - Yes=20