[imp] Problems logging into IMP 2.3.7-cvs

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Fri, 18 May 2001 17:30:51 +0000

Quoting John Castillo <john.castillo@amplified.com>:

> 1 - are there any LOG files that IMP generates that might describe what
> my problem is?

By default, /tmp/imp.log

> 2 - is there an updated INSTALL document for IMP?

There is an imp/docs/INSTALL... it's not _too_ badly out of date, I don't think.

> 3 - do i HAVE to use hordemgr as my database user or can i just use
> root?

You can use whatever you like, but root is a bad idea.

> i have followed the document in horde-1.3.3/docs/INSTALL as close as
> possible.  part of my problem could be the the setup of the database in
> MySql OR just manually editing the php files in horde/config and
> horde/imp/config.  the php files have comments so i think i did it right
> but i'm not sure.

Are you using the 1.3.3/2.3.7 tarballs? Try disabling connection tracking, if
you turned it on; it was broken for a bit.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Black and white and grey, all the shades of truth.