[imp] errors attaching file to email

Matthew Hilty mhilty@artic.edu
Tue, 22 May 2001 12:36:30 -0500

>Hi,
>	I experienced the exact same error after upgrading from 2.2.1
>to 2.2.4, and had to supress the error messages so that we could
>maintain services...one problem, however, is that it takes
>significantly longer to attach a file, which can be disconcerting
>over a modem connection/slowwwww network.

...all the rest deleted...

Aha!

Downgrading PHP from  php-manual-3.0.18-6.2horde1 to
php-3.0.16-2horde6 fixed both problems that I mentioned in my
types when sending.)

New question:  Can I use php-3.0.16-2horde6 with 1.2.4/2.2.4 without
causing problems or encountering untoward effects?  There is no
mention of changes to the PHP rpms in /docs/CHANGES so I am assuming
it's ok...Obviously, there have been security fixes in PHP between
3.0.16 and 3.0.18, so I may choose to use the stock 3.0.18 PHP rpms
unless there is something extra-special about the horde distribution
of PHP that is required by horde/imp (other than mysql.o).

thanks,

matthew