Something I don't understand

Santiago Romero sromero@servicom2000.com
Fri, 25 May 2001 15:59:36 +0200

 Hi!

 I've read the Horde-Faq at www.horde.org/faq and there is something
 I don't understand.

 I'm using IMP on a Apache StrongHold server. When I enter test.php3
 I find that LDAP SUPPORT = Yes and Postgresql Support = YES. In fact,
 I can save user preferences on the database.

 My doubt after reading the faq is related to LDAP. I'm using a
 postgresql server (although I've tested it with a localhost oracle
 and worked also) and the user preferences work perfect.

 I have an LDAP server on another machine of my Intranet, and I DONT
 KNOW if I must change phplib/prepend.php3 to change ct_sql to
 ct_ldap. If i quit the loading of ct_sql... ¿it will continue
 connecting to my oracle database? ¿Should I load ct_sql or ct_ldap?
 I just want to be able to search the LDAP server on the
 CONTACT window.

 At this moment (I load ct_sql.inc and CTHorde is defined as CtSQL on
 local.inc) all works perfect except the LDAP SEARCH which returns:

> Couldn't bind to LDAP server.

 I can't find anything about that in the FAQ.
 In fact, I don't understand at all what ct_sql/ct_ldap are required
 for.

 I need to continue using oracle for saving user preferences and
 use LDAP just for contact searching.

 At this momento my config is:

> prepend.php3:

 require($_PHPLIB["libdir"] . "db_oracle.inc");
 /* require($_PHPLIB["libdir"] . "ct_ldap.inc"); */
 require($_PHPLIB["libdir"] . "ct_sql.inc");
 (etc.)

> local.inc:

 class HordeCT extends CT_Sql {
   var $database_class = 'HordeDB';         // Which database class to use...
   var $database_table = 'active_sessions'; // and find our data in this table.
 }

/* To use LDAP, uncomment and edit the following: */
/* NOTE: If you do this, you must edit prepend.php3 to include ct_ldap.inc
   instead of ct_sql.inc */
#class HordeCT extends CT_Ldap {
#  var $ldap_host = "mail.servicom2000.com";
#  var $ldap_port = 389;
#  var $basedn    = "dc=servicom2000, dc=com";
#  var $rootdn    = "cn=root, dc=your-domain, dc=com";
#  var $rootdn    = "cn='Directory Manager',o=sistemas.servicom2000";
#  var $rootpw    = "secret";
# var $objclass  = "phplibdata";
#}

 (all commented)

> ct_ldap.inc (not loaded at this moment, as it loads ct_sql.inc)

        var $ldap_host = "mail.servicom2000.com";
        var $ldap_port = 389;
        var $basedn    = "dc=servicom2000, dc=com";
        #var $rootdn   = "cn=root, dc=your-domain, dc=com";
        var $rootdn    = "";
        var $rootpw    = "thepassword";
        var $objclass  = "phplibdata";

 If I call ct_ldap.inc instead of ct_sql.inc on prepend.php3, I
 can't reach the INBOX window (IMP does not start at all!). If
 I use ct_sql.inc, I can use IMP, read email, send email, etc.,
 but I can't browse the LDAP contact list :?

 Any idea??

--
Santiago Romero
Departamento de Sistemas