[imp] Re: Re: Something I don't understand

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Fri, 25 May 2001 10:27:03 -0400

Quoting Santiago Romero <sromero@servicom2000.com>:

>  I have an LDAP server on another machine of my Intranet, and I DONT
>  KNOW if I must change phplib/prepend.php3 to change ct_sql to
>  ct_ldap. If i quit the loading of ct_sql... ¿it will continue
>  connecting to my oracle database? ¿Should I load ct_sql or ct_ldap?
>  I just want to be able to search the LDAP server on the
>  CONTACT window.

No. The contact window doesn't use ct_ldap (or anything from phplib, for that
matter).

>  At this moment (I load ct_sql.inc and CTHorde is defined as CtSQL on
>  local.inc) all works perfect except the LDAP SEARCH which returns:
>
> > Couldn't bind to LDAP server.

You probably haven't configured your ldap server correctly in
imp/config/ldap.php3.

>  I can't find anything about that in the FAQ.
>  In fact, I don't understand at all what ct_sql/ct_ldap are required
>  for.

Just for user preferences.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Black and white and grey, all the shades of truth.