[imp] Re: Re: Something I don't understand

Santiago Romero sromero@servicom2000.com
Fri, 25 May 2001 17:25:33 +0200

El vie, 25 de may de 2001, a las 11:18:03 -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch dijo:
> Quoting Santiago Romero <sromero@servicom2000.com>:
>
> >  IPPL informs the sysadmin of all tcp/ip conections.
> >  If IMP had connected to mail.servicom2000.com, it would appear a
> >  LDAP request from 192.168.1.198 on IPPL...
>
> And you don't see anything like this?

 No.

> >  I have no idea (this is not a DNS problem, as I can ping to IP,
> >  to mail, mail.servicom2000 and mail.servicom2000.com )... when running
> >  my view-ldap.sh script (using openldap) I can connect :?
>
> Can you write a simple php script (see http://www.php.net/manual/ref.ldap.php
> for examples) that can connect?

 Ok, I've saved the test on ref.ldap.php as test.php3 and I've changed
 localhost to mail.servicom2000.com (just to see if it connects).

 I get:

LDAP query test

Connecting ...connect result is 1

Binding ...Bind result is 1

Searching for (sn=S*) ... Warning: LDAP: Unable to perform the search:
No such object in /home/sromero/merca/apachesh/htdocs/test.php3 on
line 18 Search result is

Warning: 0 is not a LDAP result index in
/home/sromero/merca/apachesh/htdocs/test.php3 on line 21 Number of
entires returned is

Getting entries ...

Warning: 0 is not a LDAP result index in
/home/sromero/merca/apachesh/htdocs/test.php3 on line 24 Data for
items returned:

Closing connection

 Ok, it connects (the other errors are surely related to the LDAP
 search that the test does, maybe looking for objects non existent
 on our LDAP database).

--
Santiago Romero
Departamento de Sistemas