2.3.7-cvs IMP config and virtual hosts

Egan egan@sevenkings.net
Sun, 27 May 2001 15:15:01 -0400

>> Now I'm attempting a 2.3 install from CVS
>> Many of the config variables are self evident, but not all.

> Did you read the comments in the .dist files?

Yes.

> If those are lacking, which ones?

For one, virtual hosts, like the FAQ says about 2.2:

>4.2.1 Can a single IMP installation serve different virtual hosts?
>To do this, set the following values in horde/imp/config/defaults.php3:
>
>   $default->server      = $SERVER_NAME;
>   $default->from_server = $SERVER_NAME;

I don't see where to set this in 2.3.7.

Also:

I'm unclear on the relationship between imp/config/servers.php vs.
imp/config/prefs.php.   For example, I don't want users to see a list
of IMAP servers, I only want them to get 'localhost' as their IMAP
server.  So in prefs.php, I set:

   $_prefs['mailhost'] = array(
         'value' => 'localhost',
         'locked' => true

and that seems to remove the server fields from the login screen.

But IMP still takes some values from the first entry in servers.php,
even though I don't give the user any choice of IMAP servers.

What is the best way to configure IMP 2.3.7 for a single IMAP server,
but different virtual IMP hosts?

To explain the reason:

All my virtual hosts can use the same IMAP server, because I prefix
each email login with the virtual host identifier.  For instance,

the email address              egan@sevenkings.net

becomes IMAP login name        svkn_egan

With this method I am able to provide virtual hosting with sendmail,
UW-IMAP, and shell accounts on a single box ... which leads to my next
question, but I will save that for later. :-)