IMP 2.2.5 - incorrect login hangs IMP itself?

Jason Byrns Jason@ispi.net
Thu, 31 May 2001 10:25:21 -0500

IMP 2.2.5
Horde 1.2.5
Apache 1.3.19
Solaris 8

IMP works great, unless you have a bad password or login.  Instead of timing
out in about ten seconds, like usual, it just hangs forever as it tries to
authenticate...

If I use Horde's demo IMP server to connect to the IMAP server on this
system, I have no problems.  If I log in correctly, it works just fine.

This server was recently upgraded and replaced.  The 2.0 IMP we've been
using (with much success!) has been reinstalled with the latest stable
release...

Can someone offer suggestions, or at least help me understand more how to
turn on debug modes or something?  I looked for a log file generated by IMP,
but I don't see one.  Is this a debug level that must be increased?

Thanks in advance!

--
Jason Byrns <Jason@ispi.net>
   ispi of Lincoln, Inc.