[imp] IMP 2.2 stable "Document contains no data"

jan.rusche@lynx.de jan.rusche@lynx.de
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 11:03:55 +0200

no, i did not compile the webserver myself, it is suse linux 7.1 and apache
1.3.14

regards

JRu  :-)

Lynx Consulting Group, Johanniskirchplatz 6, D-33615 Bielefeld, Germany
Tel. +49 (521) 5247-0, Fax.+49 (521) 5247-250, Mobile +49 (171) 641 4662
E-Mail: jan.rusche@lynx.de, Corporate Infos and Job Offers:
http://www.lynx.de, mailto:jan.rusche@lynx.de

                    Santiago Romero
                    <sromero@servico        To:     imp@lists.horde.org
                    m2000.com>              cc:
                                            Subject:     Re: [imp] IMP 2.2 stable "Document contains no data"
                    31.05.2001 16:33
                    Please respond
                    to imp

El jue, 31 de may de 2001, a las 04:27:48 +0200, jan.rusche@lynx.de dijo:

> thanx for your help, my webserver log says the following
>

> [Thu May 31 15:56:32 2001] [notice] child pid 863 exit signal
Segmentation
> fault (11)
> [Thu May 31 15:58:37 2001] [notice] child pid 1723 exit signal
Segmentation
> fault (11)
>
> any hints ?

 Oooopppsss.
 A segfault is a execution problem at O.S. level.
 I mean, it happens when (personal experience :-) you compile
 under HPUX 11 the php3 module with SUN's CC compiler as a
 PA1.x module, and apache with GCC, you link all together and...
 voila, a segfault generator :-)

 That's a library/compilation/execution error surely.
 If your problem would be executing an executable, I would
 advice you to run  strace ./program 2> error.txt and
 analize error.txt to see which library/program caused the
 segfault.

 A Segmentation Fault is exactly when you try to write out
 of an array, or in a memory zone which is not your (protected).
 By example:

 int vector[10];

  vector[20] = 0;  <-- only 10 elements, but I write at 20

 this would cause a segmentation fault WHEN EXECUTING the
 program...

 żDo you compiled the webserver yourself?  Which O.S.?
 Which webserver? (apache)?

 CU!

--
Santiago Romero