"Full Name" problem

Adam L. Perry adam@adamperry.com
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 12:59:53 -0400 (EDT)

IMP 2.2.5 with PHP3.0.18:

I am having a problem with escape characters (slashes) showing up in the "From"
field of a composition window if the "Full Name" from preferences is in
quotes.  All of the magic_quote settings are off.  The slashes do not show up
anywhere else.  Quoted full names from the addressbook show up fine in the "To"
field.  The problem is only with the full name in the from field.

Example:

I set my full name to Adam L. Perry.  IMP automatically puts it in quotes
(because of the period, I think).  The name looks fine in preferences (no
slashes).  Then, I compose a message and the from field looks like this:
\"Adam L. Perry\" <adam@adamperry.com>

I have not had this problem with previous versions of IMP, but I usually use
PHP4; this is the first time I have run it with PHP3.

-Adam
 adam@adamperry.com