[imp] "Full Name" problem

Adam L. Perry adam@adamperry.com
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 16:17:31 -0400 (EDT)

Is there a reason for the addslashes() function in prefs.php3?

In prefs.php3 it runs addslashes() on the signature and the full name.  If the
substring contains quotes it escapes them with slashes and then writes it to
the database.  That's why I was getting slashes in my full name.  I took out
the two addslashes() calls in prefs.php3.  It seems to handle quotes fine
without it.  Is something not going to work now that I took out addslashes()?

Is it adding the slashes because of PHP3?  I never had this problem with my
server running PHP4 and the same IMP version.

-Adam