[imp] Problem with attachments on IMP 2.2.5

Christopher Crowley ccrowley@tulane.edu
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:28:32 -0500

Santiago -

I ran into this same problem when I upgraded to 2.2.5.

The upload_tmp_dir is not defined properly.

Check your php.ini file for the definition of upload_tmp_dir, check the
permissions on that directory. Finally, check to be sure that you are
modifying the correct php.ini file by using the test.php3 script that is in
the horde directory.  In my case, I needed to link from the imp directory
back to the test.php3 file because the document root is imp.  Look at the
php settings, and determine what php.ini file you are using.

I had been modifying /path/to/apache/php/php.ini  but the server was reading
the config from /usr/local/lib/php.ini (which did not exist on my server.)
So, a link between the expected file and the file I wanted to use rectified
the situation for me.  I presume that there is some similar configuration
problem for you.

The test that you fail on is check to see if the file that is uploaded
exists. If the upload_tmp_dir is not set properly, that test will fail, and
no attachment will be made.

Chris