Folders! Still can't use them!

Warwick Chapman (Budgee) budgee@glenwoodhighschool.co.za
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 12:02:24 +0200

Howdy

I am still having folder problems.

Here is IMP's error:
The folder "Business" was not created. This is what the server
said: CREATE failed: Can't create mailbox node
/home/budgee/mbox: File exists

Does that mean that I need to change to maildir?

I have the standard implementation of Debain UW IMAP on the
mail server, the same machine as IMP. When I use an IMAP client
like Pegasus Mail, it checks all the files in my homedir, and lists
them in with the mail folder (The mboc file).

I think I need to become a little more thorough in my understanding
of mail, mbox, maildir etc. in general, but does this sound like
anything in particular is wrong. What is the advantage of a single
mbox file over a maildir?

Thanks

Warwick Chapman (Glenwood 1999)
http://www.boatrace.co.za
Assistant IT Manager
Glenwood High School, Durban, South Africa
031 2055241
083 7797094
http://www.glenwoodhighschool.co.za