[imp] Session timeout

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 06:47:57 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, apole@caliescali.com <apole@caliescali.com> wrote:

> linux Red Hat 6.2
> Apache server 1.3.12
> Horde V 1.2.0
> IMP 2.2.0

Version of PHP?  And just to double-check, you're using the PHPLIB that
comes with Horde (horde/phplib), right?  How have you configured PHPLIB
session storage (shared memory, database, ...)?

> All it's working fine but some users are driving me crazy because when
> they are in the inbox and click on the message, they logout and jump
> to login window!. The problem happens only with win9x Internet
> Explorer 4.0, IE 5.0 and IE 5.5.

This is a PHPLIB session problem.  For a given user, does it happen every
time (reproducible)?  If so, the easiest way to test is to use
horde/test.php3 from their IE browser, and use the "Click here to test
PHPLIB" link.  If reloading that page doesn't increment the counter,
you've confirmed it.

I checked the change logs between 1.2.0 and 1.2.5, and nothing stood out
related to IE... but if you have the ability to try this with the latest
Horde/IMP (1.2.5/2.2.5) that would probably be a good idea.  The later
version of test.php3 will show you the session key too; comparing between
a browser that works and one that doesn't might be instructive.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN