[imp] strange things in summary

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:04:18 -0400

Quoting Jan Schneider <janmailing@gmx.de>:

> At first there appear some folders that I had earlier but that doesn't exist
> anymore, not even in the spool directory of my imap server (cyrus 1.6.24).
> And even more strange: If I click on the link I get to these folders!!! I
> checked with another mail client (Outlook) and these folders DON'T EXIST!

This list used is your 'folder poll list' - the folders you've selected to
check for new mail. And you'll get just an empty folder list if the folder
exists currently.

> And the new messages count of all folder show the same: the number of new
> messages in my inbox.

This should be fixed now.

> At last one opinion to the summary: I would like to see the sender and
> subject of the unread messages in the summary rather than only a count.

My concern with this is that the summaries are supposed to be fairly light-
weight; opening each folder in turn to list unread messages would get fairly
expensive. Also, it opens the door to serious feature-creep - I don't want it
to be a mini-mailbox view.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Some fallen angels have their good reasons.