[imp] cannot send email from IMP

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 09:01:49 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, jcarreiro <jcarreiro@urbanet.ch> wrote:

> i have debian 2.2.r3, qmail 103, vpopmail, and imp

What version of IMP (I assume 2.2.x, but which one), and Apache, and PHP,
and database, etc.?

> the test.php3 says that all is ok
>
> i can read mail but nothing goes out when i send a mail through IMP !
> (all accounts)

By "nothing goes out" you mean that you click "Send Message" in the
compose window, and it closes with no errors?

> i can't find any log file with IMP or PHP errors !

In 2.2.x there isn't much logging.

> the sendmail binarie path is well configured

You said you're using qmail... but you've also configured sendmail?  Or
are you using some kind of sendmail look-alike wrapper?

You should check the mail log to see whether the handoff from IMP to
sendmail is happening and the mail is getting lost somewhere else.  Try
sending mail from the command-line to whatever you have
$default->path_to_sendmail set to -- make sure that's working outside of
IMP.  Beyond that, you may want to add some debugging to the mailfrom
function in horde/lib/horde.lib to see what's going on.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN