[imp] LDAP

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 07:10:11 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 17 Jun 2001, Craig White <craigwhite@azapple.com> wrote:

> horde 1.2.5 / imp 2.2.5
>
> for purposes of discussion, let me assign labels:
> 1 - ('azapple',         <label correct?
> 2 -  'azapple',         <another label?

Yes to both; the second is the human-readable one that will be visible in
the user's browser.

> 3 -  'localhost',       <ldap server?

Yes.

> 4 -  'dc=azapple,dc=com <ROOTDN?

Yes.

> 5 -  'sn',              <don't know

The "surname" LDAP field.

> 6 -  'cn,mail,sn'       <search fields
> 7 -  'is,is_strict,contains,begins,ends');   <search operators
>
> What do I have wrong?

It looks like these are all right.  Have you tried doing an ldapsearch
from the command-line on your IMP server to make sure the LDAP server is
accessible?

ldapsearch -h localhost -d 'dc=azapple,dc=com' sn=White

(I'm assuming you also compiled your PHP to have LDAP support, and
verified this with horde/test.php3 in your browser?)

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN