prefs issues with IMP 2.3.7

Robert Marchand robert.marchand@UMontreal.CA
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 15:40:28 -0400

Hi,

     I'm testing with locking the fullname and from preferences with IMP
2.3.7-cvs.  It seems
that for the 'from' pref, if the locked state is 'true', it doesn't look in
the SQL database
but take the 'user@mailhost' form.  If in the unlocked state, it takes the
stored pref.

I saw a message to this effect on the list ( Re: [imp] One user "From:"
change  ) but
no response to the problem.

Also, maybe I dreamed but wasn't there at some time a three state
mechanism: hidden,
viewable, editable.  I would like the users to see the values of the prefs
even if they can't
modify them.  I have done that on the 2.2 version we have on production.

Thanks.

Note: I'm very happy about the responses I've got so far from this list
(especially from
the authors of IMP).  I can't say the same thing about most commercial
software.
-------
Robert Marchand                 tél: 343-6111 poste 5210
DGTIC-SIT                       e-mail: robert.marchand@umontreal.ca
Université de Montréal          Montréal, Canada