[imp] prefs issues with IMP 2.3.7

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 18:06:22 -0400

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 03:40:28PM -0400, Robert Marchand wrote:

> I'm testing with locking the fullname and from preferences with
> IMP 2.3.7-cvs.  It seems that for the 'from' pref, if the
> locked state is 'true', it doesn't look in the SQL database but
> take the 'user@mailhost' form.  If in the unlocked state, it
> takes the stored pref.

Yeah, I can see where the problem is, but I need to rethink a bit
of the code logic before it gets sorted out.  I'm working on this
now (along with a bunch of other unrelated parts of the code).
I'll have this fixed soon.  I just need to make sure all cases
are covered correctly.

> Also, maybe I dreamed but wasn't there at some time a three
> state mechanism: hidden, viewable, editable.  I would like the
> users to see the values of the prefs even if they can't modify
> them.  I have done that on the 2.2 version we have on
> production.

I don't believe that capability ever existing.  It's not
unreasonable, however.  Maybe one of us will find the time to
look at it soon.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology