[imp] imap/smtp server variable

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 09:54:37 -0400

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 01:19:53AM -0400, Cliff Green wrote:

> JP>I'm not sure that will always work.  The conf.php file is sourced
> JP>before the session is started, so $imp won't contain any useful
> JP>values at that point.
>
> So the question is: when does $imp have what I want?  After login.php?
> It certainly has it by the time redirect.php runs.

$imp will contain values after the session_start() call is
executed in lib/base.php.  It will only contain useful values
after it has been populated by the createSession() function in
lib/IMP.php.

> If $conf is global, can it be written to, for example in compose.php?
> (No, it didn't work for me.)

Sure, you can write to it whenever you want, but its contents are
overwritten from the configuration files on every page load.

> This is the kind of thing that ought to work -- the bits and pieces seem
> to already be here.

Is there any reason why the knobs in config/servers.php aren't
working for you, instead of munging the variables directly?

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology