[imp] imap/smtp server variable

Cliff Green green@UMDNJ.EDU
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 01:19:53 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Jon Parise wrote:

JP>On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 03:43:15PM -0400, Cliff Green wrote:
JP>> Using:
JP>> horde 1.3.4-cvs
JP>
JP>This should be 1.3.5-cvs now.

Right.  I neglected to copy over version.php after updating.  Done.

JP>> Is $imp['server'] a global variable set when one logs on to imp?  How about
JP>> $GLOBALS['HTTP_SESSION_VARS'['imp']['server']?
JP>
JP>It depends on whether the global $imp variable has been imported
JP>into the local namespace.  For the most part, they're the same
JP>variable addressed two different ways, but you can't gurantantee
JP>that $imp will always be in scope.
JP>
JP>> What I'd like to do in imp/config/conf.php is something like:
JP>>
JP>>  $conf['mailer']['params']['host'] = $imp['server'];
JP>
JP>I'm not sure that will always work.  The conf.php file is sourced
JP>before the session is started, so $imp won't contain any useful
JP>values at that point.

So the question is: when does $imp have what I want?  After login.php?
It certainly has it by the time redirect.php runs.

If $conf is global, can it be written to, for example in compose.php?
(No, it didn't work for me.)

This is the kind of thing that ought to work -- the bits and pieces seem
to already be here.

Cliff Green
Academic Computing Services - UMDNJ
A programmer is an engine for converting coffee into code.