IMP with Inter7 vpopmail and courier imapd

Mike Hodson mike@thor.mystica.cx
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 17:25:37 -0600

Hello

I am currently trying to set up IMP 2.2.5 on a system running
qmail/vpopmail/courier-imapd. The domain in question is currently
running as a vpopmail virtual domain, and as such requires a domain
authentication login (user@host.ext). However, the site will be for a
church, so I expect most of the users don't understand what a domain
login is.

Here's what I need done, but have no clue how to accomplish:
The login page for the webmail can only have 2 inputs. username, and
password. All the rest are being handled by hidden inputs. This is easy.
The hard part is appending a '@domain.ext' at the end of the username,
effectively sending 'user@domain.ext' to the imap server as the login
name.

Anyone have hints/ideas on how I would go about getting this working?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Mike

--