[imp] LDAP - GWIA

Craig White craigwhite@azapple.com
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 13:21:42 -0700

 = = snip = = =

> > but if I
> >
> > ldapsearch -x -b "dc=aidssc,dc=org" -h host_ip "(objectclass=*) -v -P 2
> >
> > I get the whole enchilada...last record and summary looks like...
>
> Ah.  Now you're using -b and providing the basedn, and using an
> anonymous bind -
>  no problemo, eh?
---
si - no problemo and that is the basedn - anonymous bind is permitted
---

--
I have the limit set to 500 to make sure that I can get the whole list.
--
> > $LDAPServers['aidssc'] = new LDAPServer('aidssc',
> >                                            'AIDSSC',
> >                                            '192.168.1.2',
> >                                            'dc=aidssc,dc=org',
> >                                            'sn',
> >                                            'cn,mail,sn,givenname',
> >
> > 'is,is_strict,contains,begins,ends');
> >
> > If I don't use the -P 2, I get an error saying...
> >
> > ldap_bind: Protocol error
> >         additional info: version not supported
>
> That's from the command line with ldapsearch, right?

---
Yes, from a command line search. I'm trying to figure out the command line
search first to figure out why the imp LDAP searches don't work.
---
> > Is my configuration in ldap.php3 wrong?
>
> Ah.  I don't know if it makes a difference, I'm using imp
> 2.3.7-cvs, you're
> using an earlier version.  But I don't know why it would make a
> difference.
> Hmm, what version of ldap was your php built with?

---
ok horde 1.2.4 - imp 2.2.4 - openldap 2.07 - php 4.04p1 (standard rh 7.1
distr)

obviously the 'too many results to display' message I am getting is
incorrect but I can't figure out the changes I have to make to imp to make
it work.

Craig