[imp] LDAP - GWIA

Craig White craigwhite@azapple.com
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 10:18:11 -0700

Cliff Green wrote:

> Quoting Craig White <craigwhite@azapple.com>:
> > I can do that all day long from the command line. I am looking to make it
> > work in imp where I put a known name in the LDAP search field and whether I
> > set the Name to is, is(strict), contains, begins with, or ends with - it
> > returns the same result...
>
> Sorry, I misunderstood.

------------
Which I guess gets me back to my original question...

If I can query the Novell/GWIA LDAP with...

ldapsearch -x -b "dc=aidssc,dc=org" -h host_ip "(objectclass=*) -v -P 2

and it returns a stream of data that includes a sample like...

  (please ignore real data)
  # YCB,ASC,ASCDOM,dc=aidssc,dc=org
  dn: cn=YCB,ou=ASC,ou=ASCDOM,dc=aidssc,dc=org
  sn: Benson
  givenname: Yvonne
  telephonenumber: 222
  objectclass: person
  cn:: WXZvbm5lIEJlbnNvbiA=
  mail: YCB@aidssc.org

and my imp/config/ldap.php3  - includes...

$LDAPServers['aidssc'] = new LDAPServer('aidssc',
                                           'AIDSSC',
                                           '192.168.1.2',
                                           'dc=aidssc,dc=org',
                                           'sn',
                                           'cn,mail,sn,givenname',

'is,is_strict,contains,begins,ends');

Why does all my attempts at searching via IMP return...

Sorry, too many results. Please try to narrow the search scope.

IMP 2.2.4 / HORDE 1.2.5 / PHP 4.04p1 / openldap 2.07 (don't think this
matters since it's the Novell LDAP server I am querying.

Craig