[imp] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket ....

Jacob Rush jrush@swedishamerican.org
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 15:53:41 -0500

>>>Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
>>>'/var/db/mysql/mysql.sock' (13) in db_mysql.inc on line 73
>>>
>>>Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
>>>'/var/db/mysql/mysql.sock' (13) in db_mysql.inc on line 73
>>>
>>>Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
>>>'/var/db/mysql/mysql.sock' (13) in db_mysql.inc on line 73
>>>
>>>Can anybody give me a pointer as to where I should look next please?

I got this error when I had mysql-server installed and running but I did
not install the mysqlclient package.  If you are using a rpm based
distro you can do a rpm -qa | grep mysql to see if it is installed.