[imp] LDAP - GWIA

Cliff Green green@UMDNJ.EDU
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 18:37:03 -0400

Quoting Craig White <craigwhite@azapple.com>:
[munch]
> Yes, I get the same result regardless of whether I query against surname,
> name, givenName, is, is(strict), contains, begins with,ends with.
>
> if my imp/config/defaults.php3 is...
> $LDAPServers['aidssc'] = new LDAPServer('aidssc',
>                                            'AIDSSC',
>                                            '192.168.1.2',
>                                            'dc=aidssc,dc=org',
>                                            'sn',
>                                            'cn,mail,sn,givenname',
>
> 'is,is_strict,contains,begins,ends');
>
> Wouldn't that signify that the surname is the default $str_search?

That's how I read it.

> I changed the lone sn on the 5th line to cn but it returned the same results.
> FWIW, searching Bigfoot works.
>
> Craig

Nope - beats me at this point.  Sorry.

You know, I'm looking at the PHP manual pages for ldap_search, and there's other
parameters that aren't being used in ldap.search.php3, e.g.:

                   int ldap_search (int link_identifier, string
                   base_dn, string filter [, array attributes [,
                   int attrsonly [, int sizelimit [, int
                   timelimit [, int deref]]]]])

(see: http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.ldap-search.php)

I wonder if the Novell ldap gateway is expecting something more from the query.
(I've never really trusted them and their approach to ldap - but that's just my
$0.02)

Cliff Green
Academic Computing Services - UMDNJ
signature under NDA