[imp] LDAP - GWIA

Craig White craigwhite@azapple.com
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 16:01:35 -0700

Cliff Green wrote:

> Quoting Craig White <craigwhite@azapple.com>:
> [munch]
> > Yes, I get the same result regardless of whether I query against surname,
> > name, givenName, is, is(strict), contains, begins with,ends with.
> >
> > if my imp/config/defaults.php3 is...
> > $LDAPServers['aidssc'] = new LDAPServer('aidssc',
> >                                            'AIDSSC',
> >                                            '192.168.1.2',
> >                                            'dc=aidssc,dc=org',
> >                                            'sn',
> >                                            'cn,mail,sn,givenname',
> >
> > 'is,is_strict,contains,begins,ends');
> >
> > Wouldn't that signify that the surname is the default $str_search?
>
> That's how I read it.
>
> > I changed the lone sn on the 5th line to cn but it returned the same results.
> > FWIW, searching Bigfoot works.
> >
> > Craig
>
> Nope - beats me at this point.  Sorry.
>
> You know, I'm looking at the PHP manual pages for ldap_search, and there's other
> parameters that aren't being used in ldap.search.php3, e.g.:
>
>                    int ldap_search (int link_identifier, string
>                    base_dn, string filter [, array attributes [,
>                    int attrsonly [, int sizelimit [, int
>                    timelimit [, int deref]]]]])
>
> (see: http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.ldap-search.php)
>
> I wonder if the Novell ldap gateway is expecting something more from the query.
> (I've never really trusted them and their approach to ldap - but that's just my
> $0.02)

-------------
OK - I think the problem is the cn field but I don't know how to fix
it...

if (from command line)
ldapsearch -x -h 192.168.1.2 -b "dc=aidssc,dc=org" -P 2 sn cn
telephonenumber

I get (last record only - please ignore real data)

# YCB,ASC,ASCDOM,dc=aidssc,dc=org
dn: cn=YCB,ou=ASC,ou=ASCDOM,dc=aidssc,dc=org
sn: Benson
telephonenumber: 222
cn:: WXZvbm5lIEJlbnNvbiA=

that means that the cn field being returned is that coded field with the
double colons. This must be the problem. Is it possible that I am the
first person to try to use imp with Novell / GWIA?

Craig