[imp] re: /horde/lib/Prefs.php

Cliff Green green@UMDNJ.EDU
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 08:58:27 -0400

Quoting Jan Schneider <janmailing@gmx.de>:

> That's the same with me. I'm running 4.0.5 because I got no later version
> compiled :-(
>
> I think some of the (compiling) problems could be related to the c-client.
> Does anybody know another good c-client then UW?
>
> Jan.
>
> Zitat von Cliff Green <green@UMDNJ.EDU>:
[munch]
> > I've been trying to.  I've got the 4.0.6 release and the 4.0.7-cvs
> > release, and NONE of them, for the last few weeks, have gotten past
> > configure --with-imap-ssl.  This is a known, good c-client.a (actually,
> > *two* known, good c-client libs) which I'm currently using, and configure
> > won't finish on either RH 6.2 or 7.1.  I can't check my HPUX box, as one
> > of tech-support sysops decided he wanted that machine to test updating to
> > 11i.  (Side Note:  since 11i has HP's linux porting kit, I'm eager to get
> > that os installed somewhere I can get at it, so I didn't object - now I
> > regret it.)
> >
> > Also, when I configure without imap-ssl, imp logs on to an imap server
> > okay, but then dumps the connection without a logout, generating a known
> > error in mail.log.

Okay, I spent yesterday doing some rebuilding: openssl, mod_ssl, apache, new
checkout of php4, new build of c-client (with ssl).  php4 --with-imap-ssl still
won't configure.  without imap-ssl now builds and works (phew!).

I can get imap-ssl, but only if I edit out part of configure (the 'else' clause
for failure), but obviously don't want to do that.  I've reported it on the php
bug service, and have been reading up on configure and autobuild.

Cliff Green
Academic Computing Services - UMDNJ
signature under NDA