[imp] Address Book Help

John Bosco john@prosoundweb.com
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 11:54:02 -0400

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting John Bosco <john@prosoundweb.com>:
>
>> I've installed Horde 1.3.4-cvs, Imp 2.3.7-cvs, and Turba 0.0.2-cvs.
>> I have the address book working to an extent, I can add an address
>> when I'm reading an email, or I can add it by hand, but I don't see
>> a way to do a search and then add that entry into the address book,
>> I only see sending mail options (To, CC, BCC). I also don't see a
>> way when I'm in the compose window of searching my address book to
>> add a recipient, the "Expand Names" doesn't always work, most of
>> the time I get an error message telling me to "Please resolve ambiguous
>> or invalid addresses."
>
> I'm a bit unclear on a lot of what you mean.
>
> What do you mean by "a way to do a search and then add that entry into the
> address book, I only see sending mail options (To, CC, BCC)" - where are you
> talking about here?

When I go to "Contacts" in IMP, it brings up a "Directory Search" window
which I believe is part or Turba. The results allow me to send that
person mail, but not add them to my personal address book (when I'm
searching an LDAP server that is not my address book).

> Expand names _is_ a way to search your addressbook from the compose window...
> what are you expecting it to do? What is "most of the time"?

How about every time there is more then one entry that matches, lets
say I look for Dave, that will not work, but when I enter Daves last
name it does work. The problem is I may not remember Daves last name or
how to spell it. I was wondering if there was a way to to scroll through
your personal address book while in the compose window. Also if I'm
replying or forwarding an email, I can't really use the Contacts button.

thanks,
John