[imp] Was this problem fixed

Christopher Crowley ccrowley@tulane.edu
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 08:12:27 -0500

Admin -

> > I am having a problem with some versions of IE not displaying SSL Imp
pages.

I worked around this problem by modifying the CipherSuite line in the Apache
httpd.conf file to read:

SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP

This should take care of the problem that some IE users have. I learned
about this problem with Windows/IE from the Verisign site. What this
configuration does is allows 40bit or 128bit connections only. No 56 bit,
the problematic method.

Comment out your current SSLCipherSuite directive, insert this line, execute
/pathto/apache/bin/apachectl graceful, and the problem should be gone.

Or (Also) , get your users to upgrade to the 128-bit High Encryption pack.

Chris