[imp] Was this problem fixed

Parag Godkar paragg@konark.ncst.ernet.in
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 16:46:40 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

While it is a problem with IE, it is also a problem with Windows OS.

IE5 and IE5.5 do not have any problems with SSL on Windows 2000.

Some ( and only some ) versions of Windows NT ( with SP5 installed )seem
to have a problem even with IE5 installed. I haven't tried IE5.5 yet on
Windows NT.

Some versions of Windows 98 do have problems with SSL. But, I know that
Windows98 SE with IE5.5 works perfectly fine.

I have heard of some of our staff complaining of problems when accessing
IMP via SSL from home using Win95 machines. But, I haven't looked into
this much.

But, none of IE versions or Windows versions have problems accessing IMP
without SSL. You could leave both port 80 ( http ) and 443 ( https ) open
through the firewall of your organisation so that those who have problems
accessing mails using SSL can go for non-secure mode.

-- Parag Godkar.