[imp] managing ms-tnef attachment

Joseph Brennan brennan@columbia.edu
Tue, 03 Jul 2001 09:12:14 -0400

--On Tuesday, July 3, 2001 09:27 +0200 deckert florian <fdeckert@sopra.com> wrote:

> Whoua, my exchange manager found the solution.
> Whe had to configure Exchange to NOT use the "exchange rich text format", so every mail is shown
> in classical MIME format.

The Outlook client also defaults to writing ms-tnef attachments.  Users
have to be told to reconfigure it to Internet standards.

> IMP seems just not know about this part of the mail.

See for example
http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?id=KB;EN-US;Q287720

Carefully worded, to give the impression that the problem is people not
using MS products, and the need of MS users to cope with them.

Joseph Brennan                           postmaster@columbia.edu
Academic Technologies Group, Academic Information Systems (AcIS)