horde auth questions

Cliff Green green@UMDNJ.EDU
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 13:11:57 -0400 (EDT)

I've got a couple of questions about the auth system in horde.

First, if I've uncommented these auth lines in registry.php:
 $this->registry['auth']['login'] = 'imp';
 $this->registry['auth']['logout'] = 'imp';

do I still need $conf['auth']['driver'] and $conf['auth']['params'] set in
horde.php?  And if so, how can I set 'params' to the appropriate server if
I use 'driver' = 'imap'?  I'm currently testing with these lines commented
out of horde.php, and it seems alright (except for a problem with imap
connections from horde).

I'm using current cvs for horde and imp, and php-407-dev, build date
6/26/01.  PHP is using c-client from imap-2001.

Which brings up a different question:  when I login directly to imp,
everything works okay.  If I login through horde, imp.log shows a
successful login to the appropriate imap server, but the horde "session"
hangs until I ssh directly to the imap server and kill the imapd process.
It seems that, after updating late Thursday or early Friday, this was a
consistent problem from horde.  The question is: what is imp doing that
horde isn't, to disconnect after login?

Clifford Green               Internet -  green@umdnj.edu
Academic Computing Services                    UMDNJ-IST
With all its sham, drudgery & broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.