[imp] Changing From address - solved.

Rick Romero Rick@valeoinc.com
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 15:39:29 -0500

Got it... I almost think it would be better in
/horde/imp/config/prefs.php, to allow for some kind of one line
command.. but alas, I changed the following in
/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php:
Was:
/* Allow proper use of user@server usernames. */
        if (!strstr($_plainAddress, '@')) {
             $_plainAddress .= '@' . $imp['maildomain'];
        }

Now:
/* Allow proper use of user@server usernames. */
        if (!strstr($_plainAddress, '@')) {
          list($_plainAddress,$context)=explode(".",$_plainAddress,2);
            $_plainAddress .= '@' . $imp['maildomain'];
        }

woo hoo!

On 10 Jul 2001, at 11:22, Rick Romero wrote:
> Basically, my users login as 'user.context', but their email
> addresses are just 'user' ..
> There's a lot of functionality in IMP, but I'm not sure where I should
> do something like:
> list($popuser,$context)=explode(".",$popuser,2);
> where $popuser = login  (I used the above for SquirrelMail)
> I tried modifying the $_prefs['from_addr'] section of
> imp/config/prefs.php, but that didn't quite work..

Sincerely,
Rick Romero

IT Manager
Valeo, Inc.