[imp] Charsets and LDAP

Robert Marchand robert.marchand@UMontreal.CA
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:48:02 -0400

Hi,

     the cvs should support UTF-8 by now,

     You have to add a parameter (encoding) to the configuration of the
LDAP server in
     turba/config/source.php:

Here is an example:

$cfgSources['Bottin_UdeM'] = array(
     'title' => 'Bottin UdeM - complet',
     'type' => 'ldap',
     'params' => array(
         'server' => '<put your server name here>',
         'port' => 389,
         'root' => 'ou=PEOPLE,dc=UMontreal,dc=CA',
         'encoding' => 'utf8',
         'objectclass' => 'person',
         'filter' => 'indic_public=o'
         ),

I know it works in the main search panel.  I have not tested in the IMP
expand stuff.

Bye.

At 12:45 01-07-11 +0300, you wrote:
>Hi developers,
>There is a kind of problem with LDAP, Turba abd IMP in countries with
>non-latin
>alphabet. A lot of companies/institutions use some local Directory Services=
 -
>NDS, e-Directory whatever. As far as i know (this statement should be=
 allover
>the text), all those services uses UTF-8 charset for non-latin data stored=
 in
>(our company uses UTF-8 to store entries in ukrainian).
>But mail standard for Ukraine is KOI8-U; KOI8-R - for Russia and so on..),
>thats why I prefer to set my default charset in IMP to KOI8-U, but in this=

>case
>i'm not able to search people over local LDAP since ldap-entries are in=
 UTF!